Tuesday, January 19, 2010

pics on friends blog

hey all,

things are picking up at the hospital. I don't know if it's due to the warm weather or what. last night we got two ANA soldiers in with severe burns. For some reason the ANA doc's like to do wound debriedment at the bedside. Brian and I just sort of shake our heads. We have to remember that we're here as mentors...they don't have to listen to us. Our multiple leg fx has turned into a disaster. He is so infected, that we recommended taking the leg, because he'll probably die from sepsis if they don't. I don't know why they are hesitant. They did bedside debriedment on him also. If you visit docnthedirt.blogspot.com he has some really good pics posted of what we are dealing with. I should remember to bring my camera to work. Another peculiar thing happening at the hospital...the staff has finally received their weapons. They didn't get ammo though, so now they are asking us if they can "borrow some bullets". Don't worry, we don't "borrow" our bullets to anyone! Have a good day, I'll try to get some pics up soon.
Mike

1 comment:

  1. Good grief! Amazing what you are witnessing, Mike. I hope the folks you are teaching soon agree it's a good thing to follow your teachings. Especially the sterile requirements.
    Keep the blogs and pics coming - they are fascinating!

    ReplyDelete