Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Two ways to get hurt


The first picture is the foot of an ANA soldier who got shot in the foot during a fight with the Taliban. Believe it or not...this debreidment took place under local anesthesia. The second picture shows you what I found in the GARBAGE in the ER. Every day, I stress the importance of using the sharps containers. When I walked into the ER and started going through the garbage, the nurses and medics scattered like roaches when the lights get turned on. They know its wrong, and still continue to do it. I had yet another talk with the senior ER nurse, he continues to blame the night shift...whatever...I am determined to fix this problem. Next step is to bring in the CO...he scares the crap out of people. Maybe that's the solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment